Scientist (Job Ref.: AWAM_Jobs_2023_08)
- Vila Real
- Acordo Salarial
- Tempo Inteiro
Job Ref.: AWAM_Jobs_2023_08
Job Type: The successful candidate will be contracted as a scientist under a term employment contract.
Job Salary: In accordance with the work experience and qualification of the candidate.
Job Location: Regia Douro Science Park, Vila Real, Portugal.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will join the Fraunhofer Portugal AWAM team in Vila Real and pursue the development of application-oriented, market-driven and fit-for-purpose solutions for promoting energy transition and water management. Specifically, the candidate will be involved in research activities envisaging biomass pre-treatment and characterization, the assessment of biogas production potential at the lab and pilot scale, and membrane testing and application in manifold biological processes. The work will be mainly lab-based but also encompasses fieldwork at the end user’s premises, and contributing to the assembling and commissioning of prototypes.
Personal Skills and Professional Experience:
- Proven know-how in batch and continuous fermentation tests for biogas production is an asset.
- Proven experience in techno-economic analysis is not required but is highly valued.
- Hands-on experience in the laboratory is highly valued; 1-2 years’ experience in an R&D centre.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a dynamic team.
- Pro-active attitude, eagerness to learn and strong work ethic.
- Performs allocated tasks efficiently and complies with safety practices.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, proficiency in Portuguese is an advantage.
- MSc degree in biological engineering, bioengineering, bioprocess engineering, environmental engineering, or similar.
- Scientific publications, communications, and other dissemination activities are not mandatory, but highly valued.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions.
- Possibility of pursuing a PhD.
- Participation in exciting projects with high economic impact.
- Being part of the team of one of the most renowned applied R&D institutions in the world.
- Adequate salary (depending on the professional experience and academic degree).
- Possibility to adhere to a private health insurance plan.
- Opportunities for further training.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in January 2024.
Applications shall be sent by email to email@example.com and contain in one PDF file:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Qualifications certificate and diploma supplement with transcripts – mandatory
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.
The research activities in the scope of this job opportunity are planned to be developed within the framework of the project
- VineandWinePT – Vine and Wine PT - Driving sustainable growth through smart innovation, with reference Nº 67 Agendas para Inovação Empresarial.
- METHAREN – Innovative biomethane system integration boosting production while managing renewable energies intermittency, with reference 101084288.